Wednesday, October 28, 2009

This daily grind...

Ugh, this daily grind is really getting old. Some days I deal with our situation better than others. Today, I am not dealing with it so well. Right now, Josh is in paramedic school. He is really busy, and gone a lot. He works his 24 hour shift at the fire station, comes home to pick up his lunch and then goes straight to school that next morning until about 4 in the afternoon. I miss him terribly. I feel like I barely ever get to see him. A lot of the time, when he is home, he has to be studying or taking a test (which usually take hours to complete). I just want our life back. I know that in the end, this will all be worth it, but it is hard sometimes. With him gone so much, obviously, a lot of things fall onto me and it is wearing me out. I am really trying to trust God's promise in 1 Corinthians when he says, " If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall. The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure." This verse has really given me a lot of strength and hope lately. I know that God knows our situation and would not have allowed it if it was going to be too much. Even though sometimes I am tempted in a lot of ways to just give up and say that I can't do this and have a pity party, I know that God is faithful and will help me through this. I don't know what I would do in this situation if I did not have a faithful God. Even though it is tough a lot of the time, I am trying to stand strong and be the woman I need to be right now. "The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving." Psalm 28:7. I am resting in this as well. Thank you Lord for being my strength.

3 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I loved the the last two sentences -- "I am resting in this!" Just pray the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer and closer!

Alexandra said...

oh I understand how you feel! with charles working and going to school full time it can be really easy to get down. thanks for the verses!

Abbie said...

Praying for you. Jarud has been getting home soooo late at night and doesn't get to see the boys and I have the hardest time with it. I pray God will give you strength to handle the many more things that you have to handle on your own for a while. Only for a while! Praying for baby Ezekiel, too. We have always loved that name. Good choice.