Thursday, October 1, 2009

Crazy crunchy pear

Ahhh, today, as soon as Josh and I woke up, we cleaned the house. Our biggest project was the playroom. My girls don't have a tendency to just dump toys out all over the floor, just to do it, but we have a bunch of friends that do! It is totally fine, that is what kids do. However, this last time, this playroom was out. of. control. ALL of the toys were just dumped on the floor and I left it that way for about a month...it. was. bad. I could barely even stand to look at it, so Josh was nice enough to help me sort through everything (we even got rid of some stuff) and put it all away!
Look how clean it is! Maybe now my girls will actually play in here! They are like me and when things are too messy, they just leave it alone!


Got to love a clean house! Speaking of things you have to love, I made these chocolate chip cookies from scratch the other night! Oh my, they were good!


Sometimes it seems so unreal to me that I am actually going to have a baby boy. I was looking through my registry today and had the thought of, "Oh my goodness, this is real. I am going to have a little boy."

This week, I am going to paint the girls room. We are moving the girls into a room together and I bought them new matching bedding and we are going to make the room over so that it is theirs together and not just like one person is loosing their room for the baby! I am seriously excited!
We will probably do the baby's room next week or something. We are doing an owl retro theme! It is going to be adorable! I am going to make the bedding and a mobile!

My mom is coming in town a week from tomorrow! I can't wait! The girls are pretty excited too! We are going to take her to the Texas State Fair! An experience that everyone should have, it is fun!

I am eating this pear right now that is sort of crazy. It is a different type of pear than what we are used to...it is crunchy like an apple...and it is supposed to be that way! It was picked right off of a pear tree this weekend by some friends of ours...I am not sure what I think about it.

(Yes, I did just take a picture of my pear!)

I am 20 weeks pregnant today! CRAZY!!! I have my 20 wk photo to put up, but I am wearing my awesome scarf from my swap partner in it, so I don't want to spoil the surprise...you will just have to wait until Saturday to see the photo!

3 comments:

McClure Family said...

ooo i want to see pics of what you are doing the girls bedding in!! that playroom is.flippin.amazing! you did great! i am the same way about messes- i hate them!

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to see their room, too, now!! Were the cookies our recipe? How true, it is REAL. Sometimes I didn't believe you were real and just had to go look at you again. Such a blessing you are! mumsie

Anonymous said...

I am excited to see their new "together room"!! It is true that it's hard to believe Ezekiel is real. Yea!! It was also hard for me to believe you girls were real. Yummy cookies! Is that our fam recipe or some new yummy one?