Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The girls new room

Here are the pictures of the girls new shared room! They love it! It is (mostly) done!



The frames above the kitchen say, "I found my prince...his name is daddy!" I made them, you may remember them being in Riley's old room!

Daddy had the idea to do their closet in pink! He even went to Home Depot and picked the pink out himself! He has a little designer in himself too!

We still don't have a bed for Aydia quite yet, but I have a vision for it and want to wait until I find exactly what I want! For now, this works just fine!


Close up of their bedding!

Their letters that I painted them!



Overall, the girls are doing GREAT at sharing a room! About once a week, they have a rough time falling asleep together and get in trouble for getting out of their beds to play, but other than that, they do a great job! Riley especially. Since Riley was a baby, she has always had sleep issues, rarely ever slept through the night (even as a 3 yr old!) and since they share a room, I think she has gotten up maybe twice, and it was just to go to the bathroom and then went straight back to bed! Who knew, all she wanted was some company!
Aydia cracks me up, she calls everything we own Riley's, so even though that room was originally Aydia's, she now calls it Riley's room. We try over and over to tell her that it is both of their room, but she still calls it Riley's room...maybe Riley told her it was hers, I don't know...she's funny!

7 comments:

Jacci said...

SO CUTE! Love the fabric...where is it from?!

the tichenor family said...

Adorable! Good job mama!

Erica said...

Adorable! Great job on the decorating.

McClure Family said...

you did a wonderful job!! i love it!

Unknown said...

LOVE THE BEDDING!!! seriously. SO pretty :)

and good job on all the DIY stuff. cant wait til we have a house again and i can DIY a room for Avery!!

Abbie said...

Cute room and funny about Aydia! That girl cracks me up. Luke has always had sleep issues, too. Our miracle with him was to leave the door entirely open. Instantly solved the problem. Who knew? Kids are weird.

Alexandra said...

how cute!!! I love the idea of painting the closet! And it's so nice to hear of other kids who don't sleep through the night the second they are born. lol. Sweet Pea is the same way!