Sunday, November 22, 2009

God is good!

I always love this time of year. I don't love it because of the decorations and the food and gifts, I love it because it is a time to refocus on the things you are thankful for and all the GOOD that are going on. It is a time to be with family and be generous with the things that God has given us. As we are in a crazy time in our life, with Josh being in Paramedic school, added on top of his 24 hour shift at the station, it would be easy to focus on how crazy things are and how we don't get to see him much, but I am making a choice to choose to focus on the things that I do have, not the things I don't have. I get to spend every day with my girls, I do get some time with my husband (it could be worse, he could be in the military and gone for months or years at a time), I have an awesome family who helps me out a lot, I have a roof over my head, I have food, I have a precious baby boy growing inside of me...I have so many blessings. Most of all, I am thankful for the faithfulness of the Lord and the fact that he provides for our EVERY need! He always has, and during this crazy time, I am just try to remind myself that God is providing everything I need and we can get through this because God is faithful and this is his will for our lives right now.

What are you thankful for right now?

3 comments:

Kerbi said...

Such a great post! God is so faithful!

I am thankful that He is faithful to me even during the times when I try to take control of things, and for His unconditional love for us!

Kristina said...

I like this post. It is hard sometimes to be thankful for things when life is crazy and flying by. I am thankful that we have a season to stop and make us realize that God is good and we are blessed.

Mrs P! said...

Right now, this moment, I am thankful for your call yesterday, a good night's sleep so I'm rejuvinated, and the note you wrote here because it not only shows me what a good heart you have, but also reminds me about some important things I lose track of when I am stressed with too many things going on. Thank you, sweet thoughtful JO!
mammaP