Friday, February 20, 2009

My sewing!

Lately, I have been sewing! I love it! I had done a little bit of sewing in high school and college, but not much AT ALL. My mom gave me my great grandma's sewing machine for Christmas, and I have been learning how to make things! It is fun and quite relaxing...much to my surprise. When I was younger, I always said that I was not crafty because I did not have the patience for it, but since I have started branching out and trying things, I like it!
Made this blanket for Riley (yes, Aydia has one coming too!). It is made from her old baby clothes that got stained and I didn't just want to get rid of them, so I made her a blanket! She loves it!



The wetbag I made for my diaper bag!
Is this not the cutest fabric...I hope to make a skirt out of it for one of the girls...once I learn how!


The large wetbag I made for the laundry room

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean...it's completely therapeutic, right?! I'm totally addicted! Love the blankie! Seriously, let's go to that awesome fabric store soon! Call me! 8-368-0789! And let's go sometime in the next 3 weeks, so it doesn't become one of those things that friends say they're gonna do, but never do! XXOO

Anonymous said...

wow, nice job, hon!! I am excited to see Ri's blanket! It looks cute and soft! I am so glad you're enjoying that :) mom