Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sickness...

Well, it has been a long couple of days. Riley has a stomach virus. We spent 8 hours on Sunday in the ER due to dehydration. She had had diarrhea for 5 days and then on Saturday, it was REALLY bad and I called the doctor and she said to make sure she was drinking a lot and told me the signs of dehydration and said that if there were any changes such as blood or vomiting, go to the ER. So, 4 am she vomits all over herself and her bed...poor girl. We pop her in the bathtub, get everyone dressed and off we are to the ER. Josh's parents came and picked Aydia up at the hospital, so that was awesome! She is such a little trooper though and just let the doc's and nurses do their thing and laid in that bed for 5 hours to let the fluid get to her! We have all been a little sleep deprived and are trying to catch up! Riley is feeling a lot better though!
To add to all of this, Aydia is getting 4 teeth...yes, 4! Why my kids can't get them one at a time, I don't know. She was awake a bunch last night saying, "Tees, owie, mommy. My tees owie." It was sad. Lots of fussiness and falling down happening for her. That has got to hurt.
Countdown to Josh starting work...6 days! YESSSSSS!
Have you seen the new water babies? I am pretty stoked! I really want the girls to have some. I LOVED my water baby. I remember my sister's and I were snooping around at my grandma's house looking for our christmas gifts and we came across 3 boxes with water babies in them and we were so excited and we went downstairs and asked her if they were for us (like we thought it would be ok with her that we were snooping?) and she told us they were for some other kids and we were devastated. They were for us though...man, we were easily tricked!


Oh, so a couple of you have asked about my shampoo...it is sort of weird, but I use baking soda and ACV. Here is a website for it. I have been doing it for a month and my hair is less greasy and doesn't fall out as much as it did before (does that happen to other people?). I mean really, I could save all the hair that I shed and make a wig for someone that doesn't have hair...maybe I should...oh, that's nasty...if you didn't know, wigs creep me out...yuck. Anyways, I really like what it has done for my hair!
http://www.naturemoms.com/no-shampoo-alternative.html
Let me know if you try it and what you think if you do!

4 comments:

natalie said...

haven't tried it yet---but yes, my hair falls out like crazy. It's gross!! At first it was b/c I had just getting back from Kenya stress, then a thyroid issue, then wedding planning stress, then newly married stress, then being pregnant, now nursing...I always have some excuse, but I don't think it's normal! I HAVE to try this shampoo now!

Jacci said...

i feel ya on the teeth. :( scarlett's getting that many too. all molars. ouch! glad to know riley's doing better too! poor mama, hope you get some rest!

Christy said...

oh I hope your family feels better soon. :(

Amy Lauren said...

I hope you guys are better soon!
I do LOVE my stroller! yes that picture was it. i love it, i looked at a few different ones and out of all i think i choose the very best!