Monday, November 18, 2013

"Jesus is With Me!"

I wanted to share a story about my 7 year old daughter, Riley. From a very young age, Riley has heard the Lord speaking to her and had an awareness and understanding of Jesus that most kids her age do not. The other night, Josh was putting Riley to bed and she said, "I think the Devil is trying to take over my body." He asked her what she meant by that and she went on to explain that she felt like she heard the Devil trying to tell her that Jesus isn't with her. She told us that she just kept saying, "Jesus IS with me!" (Are you tearing up yet?! I sure am!) Josh told her that she is exactly right and Jesus is with her and the Devil tries to get to us like that sometimes. He told her that speaking the name of Jesus is incredibly powerful! He told her the story of how the soldiers fell to the ground at the name of Jesus...she was in awe! She asked him to pray for her and asked him to tell me and our good friends, Mark and Lezlie to pray for her. Josh prayed with her and came to tell me the story. I immediately went in there to pray over her, she said, "I knew you would come in and pray with me!" Josh and I told her that we thought she was going to do amazing things for the Lord during her lifetime. She then told us she wanted to be like her aunt Amanda (who is a ministry in Africa) and travel the world to tell people about Jesus! 7 years old...amazing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are correct, this plugin that I need, before this, i have trouble with the standard feature, i think with this plugin we can create for free, thank you
wholesale gold necklaces & bracelets