Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My thoughts...

I love this picture!


This is sort of a random post.

I can't wait to meet my baby. I wish he was ready to come...today! I am only 15 days away from my due date. I had contractions the other night for 6 hours...not very consistent, but they were quite intense...definitely reminded me of the pain of labor. I really hope they caused my body some progression. If they did, then they were worth it, if not, I will not be happy about that. I go to see my midwife in the morning. I am really hoping to hear her say that it will probably be sometime in the next week when we get to meet our baby! Josh is ready too! He gets to take 2 weeks off of work once Ezekiel comes and every day that he has to go to work, he doesn't want to, which isn't normal for him, he loves his job! We are all sooo ready! Last night, Riley leaned into my belly and said, "Baby Zeke, you need to come out tonight, you are taking too long!" It was cute!

I am realizing how helpful she is going to be when he comes. She already helps Aydia out so much. Riley can pretty much do everything for herself, so it is really helpful to me that she can help Aydia do things too! Things like, getting a snack for them, turning on the bathroom light for Aydia to potty, getting the drawers open in their dresser so they can get dressed (this sounds weird, but I got a dresser from a thrift store that is pretty old and the drawers are really difficult to open)! I am sure she is going to be super helpful to have around when this baby comes!

Aydia is learning a lot these days. We are trying to learn how to put our own clothes on, of course, she is potty trained now, that is amazing! Sometimes I think she is having a hard time with the transition of being independent. She seems to like to rely on people to do things for her and help her do things. We have had a bit of an attitude because of this lately. I really hope that it doesn't happen more when the baby comes. I am sure it will though. I guess I should start praying for patience now in order to deal with this!

Every day, I think about what this baby is going to look like. Who he is going to look like. I really hope he looks like his daddy! I picture him with brown hair and blue eyes (like his daddy!). Who knows though, we have every eye color and hair color in our extended family, so he could have any compilation of them! I wonder if he will look like Riley or Aydia!

That was so random and probably boring to most people, but these are the things going on in my head these days!

3 comments:

McClure Family said...

i cant wait to meet him either!!

natalie said...

no way--not boring at all...glad you updated with thoughts on baby boy. :)
what's the update from the mw?

Mrs P! said...

Not at all boring. In fact quite the opposite!! I love to know what you are thinking!